26 May 2019
- Thank God for prayers answered, for health and livelihood, for safe journeys in travel, for recovery from illness and depression, and for lives changed and brought back to God.
- For brothers and sisters serving in various ministries in our church, from preachers and teachers, to deacons, group leaders, teachers, cooks, cleaners, etc.
- Thank God for the mission work going on all over the world despite often very difficult conditions, and against powers and principalities in a fallen world.
- For God’s great love and continuing grace and blessings on us, and for family and friends, that they come to know His love and forgiveness and turn away from the world.
- Thank God for our two church properties, and continuing upkeep, repair and renewal to serve our needs and glorify His Name.
- For our Cantonese congregation who attended NEEC after the absence for so many years. Thank God for our five weeks of Cantonese classes 1.30 to 3.30pm on Sundays in church and for all who are attending.
- Thank God for our church council meeting on 11 May 2019 and decisions taken. May they be according to God’s plan and for His glory. Pray for wisdom to care for and guide His people and be good examples to those around us.
- Pray for our brothers and sisters suffering persecution for their faith all over the world, for God’s mercy and comfort.
- For those suffering from disasters, the Mozambique catastrophe by cyclone Kenneth, the fire at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, typhoon Idai, tornados, snowstorms, landslides, volcano eruptions, earthquakes, tsunami, and other calamities in many parts of the world.
- Pray for those suffering from religious persecution in many countries, the synagogue shootings by the gunman in California USA, and the church and hotel bombings in Sri Lanka, over 250 killed and many more injured.
- For increasing political tensions in Venezuela, Iran, and others, and the trade war between China and USA. For our own country and MEP elections this week and the continuing Brexit challenges.
- Pray for those suffering from street crime especially knife stabbings in the streets of UK.
- For our church, that we remain true to our calling, and that the Lord will prepare and send someone called by Himself for the important and responsible position of a full time paid church pastor in our church. In the meantime for us to raise a pastoral team to minister to our members.
- Pray for those in our church who are suffering in body, mind or in spirit. For God our comforter, to comfort and heal from their afflictions.
- For our church leaders and deacons in their walk before God, and to put God first before all things. Pray for them to wait upon the Lord, and that important decisions are not made in haste but after diligently seeking the Lord in prayer.
- Pray for our students as some are preparing for examinations or submissions in these weeks.
- For our synchronised church midweek prayer meeting in our own homes at 7pm on Tuesday nights. Pray for plans to come together again in Watson Road from 4 June as the nights get brighter to pray together once again.
- Pray that we take seriously our coming together this Sunday for the Holy Communion sacrament at 11.15am as well as participate in our church three congregations combined prayer meeting at 1.30pm.