We pray for our relationship with God:
- Thank God for the Gospel: that it is by grace alone that we are able to receive membership into God’s family. Marvel at the unconditional love that God has for us: even as we fail Him so often, we are perfectly accepted in Christ.
- Pray for personal growth in the midst of hard times. Pray that we will be alert to what God wants us to grow in this period of time.
- Thank God for how He includes us into His family. Thank God for the freedom we do have as believers. Pray that we would not take that freedom for granted, nor abuse it, but would use it for the worship of God, and for the benefits of other brothers and sisters.
- Pray for how we interact with one another, and for our collective worship. Pray for a deep understanding and respect of one another’s spiritual understanding, and for the right sense of inclusion and freedom in worship. Pray that the Church would be united around the Gospel and our common relationship with the one true God.
We pray for our fellow brothers and sisters:
- Pray for our brothers and sisters who are in the frontline. Give thanks for God’s protection. Pray that they would continue to rely on God alone in their work, and that God will continue to protect them from the virus despite the increase amount of activities in the society.
- Pray for the brothers and sisters who are currently unwell, and especially those who are more isolated. Pray that God will be close to them, even as their family and friends are far off. Pray for God’s hope to be with them, and that they will be healed soon.
- Pray for the Church’s effort to recruit a new Senior Pastor. Pray that God will send the right people to us, and that the Council as a whole will exercise prayerfulness and wisdom in the recruitment process.
- Pray for the Church’s ongoing repairing work. Pray that the work will be finished on time.
We pray for the world:
- Pray for the ongoing easing of the lockdown. Pray against a second wave of infection. Pray that God will continue to protect the vulnerable and the frontline workers, especially the shopkeepers and those in the hospitality industry.
- Pray for the UK. Pray that people would be able to enjoy God’s rest, as well as God’s Creation, during this summer. Pray that God will give His peace to the weary, His comfort to those who are mourning, and His presence to those who are lost.
- Pray that the different countries in the world will set aside their selfish agenda and to work for the common good, especially during the current time.