28 July 2019
- Thank God for prayers answered, for health and livelihood, for safe journeys in travel, for recovery from illness and depression, and for lives changed and brought back to God.
- For brothers and sisters serving in various ministries in our church, from preachers and teachers, to deacons, group leaders, teachers, cooks, cleaners, etc.
- Thank God for the mission work going on all over the world despite often very difficult conditions, and against powers and principalities in a fallen world. For our church to emphasise the importance of missions in our ministry.
- For God’s great love and continuing grace and blessings on us, and for family and friends. Pray that those near to our hearts come to know His love and forgiveness and turn away from the ways of the world.
- Thank God for our two church properties and pray for good use made of them and good ongoing maintenance and repair to glorify Him in them.
- For visits from former members of our church and updating our fellowship and encouragement after all the years since we last met.
- Thank God for our church midweek prayer meetings in Watson Road on Tuesday nights from 7pm to 8pm.
- For new students coming to SCCC, especially those preparing for the next academic year, those coming to attend English language classes in the University and the TARC students from Malaysia.
- Pray for our brothers and sisters suffering persecution for their faith all over the world, for God’s mercy and comfort.
- For those suffering from disasters and catastrophes in many parts of the world.
- Pray for increasing political tensions in many countries especially the escalating turmoil in Hongkong, political unrest, demonstrations, and recent discovery of explosives there. For our own country, the escalating tension in the Strait of Hormuz with Iran, the selection of the new Prime Minister, and the continuing Brexit challenges.
- For those suffering from increasing street crime especially knife stabbings in the streets of UK.
- Pray for our church, that we remain true to our calling, and that the Lord will prepare and send someone called by Himself for the important and responsible position of a full time paid church pastor in our church as well as the appointment of a church pastoral worker.
- Pray also for us to raise a pastoral team to minister to our members’ needs and growth.
- Remember those in our church who are suffering in body, mind or spirit. For God our comforter, to comfort and heal from their afflictions and for safety and protection for our Visitation teams as they reach out to them.
- For our church leaders and deacons in their walk before God, and to put God first before all things. Pray for them to wait upon the Lord, and that important decisions are not made in haste but after diligently seeking the Lord in prayer.
- Pray for our students as some are travelling on holidays, others returning to their home countries and some looking for employment.
- For our Student Fellowship continuing during the summer months and the outreach to the summer students from Malaysia in the Sheffield Hallam University.
- Pray for our church activities over summer, outings and Sunday school fun day and Chinese congregation Restaurant fellowship next month.
- For church Holy Communion service on Sunday 28 July and better attendance at our church 4th Sunday combined three congregation prayer meeting that afternoon.