16 February 2020
We pray for our relationship with God:
- We praise Jesus as the Lord of salvation, who alone holds the power of salvation in His hands. We praise Him for His kindness in including us in His salvation, and rejoice in the certainty that we are saved.
- Pray for us to be assured of our own salvation despite the false claims from the world: that we are loved and blessed, and have indeed made the right decision in following Jesus. Pray for a deep sense of peace and joy.
- Pray for power to perseverance. That we will not give up our faith, or to be ashamed of it, but in boldness live it out and conquer the doubts and fears in us. Pray also for a patient faithfulness in the face of opposition.
We pray for our fellow brothers and sisters:
- Continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in the church who are traveling internationally in the next couple of weeks. Pray that they will be protected from the outbreak. Pray also for a sense of peace and trust in the Lord in the midst of uncertainties.
- Pray for the SCCC Church Council as they prayerfully and carefully consider the best policy for the church to adopt concerning the coronavirus as the situation changes.
- Think of a brother or sister who has been affected by an illness or a tragedy (either personally or someone within their family). Pray for God’s care, assurance and comfort will come to him / her. (Where appropriate, reach out to help.)
We pray for the world:
- Pray for the restlessness in the Chinese society at the moment. Pray that the citizens of China and Hong Kong would not panic, but would exercise self-control, understanding and restraint where resources are scarce. Pray that the fear in the society would be translated into a trust in their Creator.
- Pray for all those who were infected by the virus, for God’s healing to be upon them. Pray for their family members as they await the uncertainty of their relatives’ lives.
- We pray for the British government as they consider the best approach to contain the virus. Pray also for the British citizens to show compassion and understanding towards their Chinese neighbours. Pray for God to stop racist behaviour against Chinese residents in the UK.